The ten stages of a comprehensive stamping service
At Oja-Rem, we handle the entire metal part manufacturing process, and this enables us to cut costs, optimise results and shorten lead times
Our Engineering Department designs and develops tooling and processes taking into account each of the production stages in constant communication with the client
At Oja-Rem, we have been manufacturing metal products for over 50 years, and throughout this time we have evolved to provide comprehensive solutions, adapting each project to its specific needs. Behind every part that leaves our facilities at Amorebieta, Vizcaya, there is a meticulous working process: from tooling design and development by our Engineering Department all the way to component delivery. We are always in constant communication with the client, sharing our knowledge on die-cutting and experience as a stamping company. The know-how we have accumulated over more than half a century has become one of our most outstanding differential values: we have the technical knowledge, overall perspective and necessary qualifications to advise you across all production stages, with a focus on improving your product while reducing costs and speeding up delivery times.
Our capability to undertake the entire project development process, from engineering, tooling and stamping to welding and other additional operations, is one of the main reasons why the automotive and energy industries choose us as their supplier of complex geometric parts, as we explained in a previous post.
Added value for product and processes
The machinery is perfectly oiled to reliably solve the different challenges that our clients present us with, no matter how complex they may be. Our continuous search for excellence makes us always go beyond the requirements specified by our clients when awarding us a project, bringing added value to both the product and the processes. As a trusted supplier, our clients find in Oja-Rem a partner that helps them achieve more competitive components and processes while bringing in a comprehensive approach. Not only do we listen to you during the whole ‘journey’, but we also inform you about the evolution, status, lead times and possible incidents.
In particular, our in-depth stamping knowledge makes us achieve optimised results, for example, by improving the parts’ geometry to ensure compliance with tests, or by reducing the thickness and weight of the parts thanks to the strengthening of the geometry by means of ribs, lamination… These slight modifications, which can only be carried out by companies with the right qualifications and experience, translate into less raw material consumption, less tooling maintenance, and greater robustness and reliability.
As a single supplier, response times and maturation periods, while flexibility is increased. In addition, incidents, if any, are always much easier to solve, since there is a single interlocutor who can easily detect the root cause and respond immediately. In this aspect, at Oja-Rem we are responsible for product quality up to the finished part, not only throughout the stamping stage.
In keeping with our commitment to concurrent engineering, when designing and developing products and services, our technicians consider all the tools’ and parts’ life cycle elements, from their origin to their final provision. These are the stages your project will undergo if you choose us as your supplier.
- Project awarding and planning. We receive the purchase order and product specifications and then set the timing.
- Product and process feasibility (FMEA). It is common for the client to modify initial specifications or add new ones. At this point, feedback is provided and, once this stage is over, a failure modes and effects analysis is performed.
- Process definition / flow and band charts. The operations required to manufacture the product, as well as the tools (stamping dies, welding tools, screw assembly tools, frames for coating operations, checking fixtures, etc.), need to be defined. In this stage, raw material consumption is defined.
- Procurement of the raw materials needed for the product. We work with coils, whose delivery time may vary depending on the quality of the material selected by the client, thickness, thickness tolerance restrictions, etc.
- Design and procurement of process tooling materials. Our technicians design the tooling, taking into account the load guide defined by Oja-Rem, and place the purchase order for the materials required for tooling manufacture.
- Tooling manufacture, assembly and adjustment. We manufacture the non-standard elements by machining, hardening and tempering, wire EDM, die-sink EDM, grinding and polishing… We assemble and adjust the manufactured elements. The first die test facilitates fault detection, 3D measurements and the execution of adjustments as required. The number of machine tests may vary depending on the complexity of the process and the product.
- Product and process test. This test enables dimensionally correct parts. If required, the necessary corrections are applied to ensure mass production and, finally, the process is tested.
- Outsourcing. At Oja-Rem, we handle the outsourcing of different operations such as surface coating, vibration, cleaning, machining, etc.
- Definition of packaging guidelines. We set the packaging guidelines to ensure that no parts are damaged during transport and that the most efficient solution is implemented (containers or boxes, bulk or sorted, special containers, etc.)
- Sending of approval and pre-series samples to the client and feedback. We send PPAP samples to the client, as well as a pre-series of parts for validation. Once the client shares their feedback, the process is adjusted, if necessary.